- Organization: IFAD – International Fund for Agricultural Development
- Location: Rome (Italy)
- Grade: International Consultant – Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement – Consultancy
- Occupational Groups:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2019-09-06
Click «SAVE JOB» to truly save this job description for later.
Sign up for free to be able to truly save this working job for later.
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an international institution that is financial a specialized United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. It does so by investing in rural people. IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates during the local, national and international level for policies that play a role in rural transformation. IFAD’s headquarters is within Rome, Italy, but operates much more than 90 countries.
The Independent Office of Evaluation (IOE) of IFAD promotes accountability and learning through independent evaluations of IFAD’s work. In line with IFAD’s 2011 Evaluation Policy, IOE reports directly towards the IFAD Executive Board.
Beneath the overall strategic, policy and management guidance associated with the Director, IOE, together with day to day supervision of responsible IOE staff (lead evaluation specialist, senior evaluation officer or evaluation officer), the junior consultants will play a role in the conduct of IOE evaluations, including project level evaluations and higher-level evaluations (e.g. country strategy and programme evaluation, evaluation synthesis reports, corporate level evaluations).
The duration associated with assignments may differ from a single to half a year based on the needs.
Specific tasks may include the annotated following:
- Collect, codify and analyse documentary data and prepare written inputs for the approach paper of evaluations;
- Prepare desk review notes on specific country context, themes or projects;
- Contribute to organizing quantitative and qualitative data collection;
- Support the organization of evaluation missions, and participate, as needed, in evaluation missions and selected field work to help with logistics and coordination, along with the data collection process;
- Analyze quantitative and data that are qualitative appropriate software packages;
- Prepare written inputs as may be required, e.g. Sigue leyendo